We are Brand & Retail Consultants, Visual Experience Merchandisers, and Brand & Sales Representatives with over 25 years living and working in Asia.
Our Current Portfolio of Brands:
Two thousand thirteen marked the 30th anniversary of Ralph Lauren’s pioneering home collection, a line whose impact and influence have been monumental. Customers can now buy Ralph Lauren bedding, furniture, lighting, rugs, china and glassware, wall coverings, and paint in a wide variety of looks with evocative names such as Thoroughbred, Modern Penthouse, Jamaica, and Apartment No. One. The latter was inspired by the Duke of Windsor and named for the residence at London’s Kensington Palace where Prince William and Kate Middleton will make their home. The Brent Smith Group is the Representative Office in Asia for Ralph Lauren Home including Furniture, Lighting, Floor Covering, Wall-covering, Fabric, Art, Giftware, Tabletop, Home Fragrance, Bedding and Bath.
For nearly 30 years, Visual Comfort has produced lighting with some of the most influential names in design using natural materials of exceptional quality and distinctive, hand-applied, living finishes. Visual Comfort offers a broad assortment of lighting featuring many prominent designs synonymous with high style and functionality. Designers represented include: AERIN, Barbara Barry, E.F. Chapman, Clodagh, Eric Cohler, David Easton, Alexa Hampton, Suzanne Kasler, Ralph Lauren, Thomas O’Brien, Michael S. Smith, Kate Spade New York, Kelly Wearstler and Niermann Weeks. The Brent Smith Group is the Representative Office in Asia for Visual Comfort & Co.
With a keen appreciation for design history and movements in all eras, Kelly Wearstler approaches each room as a singular work of art. After founding her own design firm Kelly Wearstler Interior Design in the mid-1990s, her ensuing work within the hotel industry built her reputation in California, with The New Yorker dubbing her "the presiding grande dame of West Coast interior design." The New York Times said, "her playful, elegantly over-the-top designs for the Avalon Beverly Hills changed the look of boutique hotels around the world," and her designs for the Viceroy hotel chain in the early 2000s have also been noted for their influence on the design industry. She has designed properties for clients such as Gwen Stefani and Cameron Diaz and served as a judge on Bravo's Top Design reality contest in 2007 and 2008. The Brent Smith Group is the Representative Office in Asia for Kelly Wearstler which comprises of Furniture, Accessories, Lighting and Artwork.
Our Past and Current Portfolio of Consulting Clients:
Market Entry Consulting
- America's largest fabric company - worked with this US powerhouse on their Asian strategy.
- All of the brands that we represent which is an important element of brand representation.
- AD 100 Interior Designer based in the US.
- Luxury Thai-based home decor brand - helped move this company from a manufacturer to a brand and reworked their retail platform.
- LA-based interior designer and star of a television show on decorating - worked with this designer on product for US department stores.
- US West Coast To The Trade Showroom - after the founder's passing, helped the new management on new retail concepts.
- LA modern home decor brand - worked with this architectural firm on marketing, merchandising and store experience.
- US-based women's fashion company - worked with the company on building a solid retail platform.
- Thai retailer - reworked their entire retail strategy from top to bottom including new name and logo as well as merchandising.
- French Pasty Company in Japan - worked with them on overall direction and helped them realize opportunities that were not easily identifiable.
- 5-star International Hotel Chain - worked with a flagship property on their F&B experience as well as working with the hotel boutique on merchandising to a 5-star level.
Visual Experience Merchandising Consulting
- Japanese Fashion Company - created VEM strategy for 15 select shops throughout Japan and China.
- Japanese Retail Design Firm - created VEM for a select shop opening in Ginza, Japan.
- Thai retailer - completely renovated three locations from new flooring to new lighting to complete VEM strategy.
- French Pastry Company in Japan - created VEM strategy for 15 stores throughout Japan in department stores and free-standing.